CrossWorks for ARM
CrossWorks for ARM is a complete C/C++ and assembly code development system for ARM7, ARM9, XScale, and Cortex microcontrollers. And when we say complete we mean complete — CrossWorks for ARM is packed full of features such as:
- CrossStudio Integrated Development Environment-taking care of edit, build, download and debug over JTAG.
- C, C++and Assembler toolchain from the GNU Compiler Collection.
- The CrossWorks C Library. This is our own non-GPL and non-LGPL C runtime library that has been designed from the ground up for embedded processor applications.
- The CrossWorks Tasking Library, known as CTL. CTL is a royalty-free tasking library that provides a multi-priority, pre-emptive, task switching and synchronisation facility. Additionally, the library can also provide timer and interrupt handling support.
CrossWorks supports a wide range of ways to connect to your target:
- Our CrossConnect for ARM USB JTAG adapter is the ideal JTAG interface to use with CrossStudio for ARM. It supports ARM7, ARM9, XScale, and Cortex cores and you can use it with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris versions of CrossWorks for ARM.
- The SEGGER J-Link is widely available; take a look at SEGGER Microcontroller.
- FTDI Chip FT2232 based JTAG devices such as the Amontec JTAGkey, Amontec JTAGkey-Tiny, Olimex ARM-USB-OCD and Olimex ARM-USB-TINY.
- A Wiggler from Macraigor Systems on a parallel port is simple and cheap. Compatible devices are also available from Olimex.
For a list of supported devices, please visit our CrossWorks for ARM Support Packages pages.
- Windows 8 (x86 and x64), Windows 7 (x86 and x64), Vista (x86 and x64), XP and 2000
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard (Intel) and 10.4 Tiger (Intel)
- Linux (x86/x64) kernel 2.6 and above - CrossWorks should run on any Linux distribution that matches this critera however we test primarily with Ubuntu distributions, this variant has been tested on all releases of Ubuntu from 6.06 LTS to 12.10
- Linux (armv7l) kernel 3.4 and above - This variant has been tested on all releases of Ubuntu from 12.04 LTS to 12.10
- 1GHz CPU or better
- 1GB RAM
- 512MB disk space free
We are happy to answer any pre-sales and technical questions you have. Please submit your questions using the CrossWorks Helpdesk system.